Thursday, August 20, 2009

I guess it comes with the territory

A friend recently e-mailed me to inform me that more of my pay comics have been posted for free on various places. I hope the offending party understands that I don't make a lot of money doing this, but that it is factored into my budget, so if I stop making the necessary amount, I won't be able to keep doing it. I know I haven't been posting as many free cartoons, and that's my fault. However I have contributed more totally free BB cartoons than any other artist, and I can say that with confidence. I'm more disappointed than really angry this time because it's some anonymous joe, not someone I thought I knew.
So I ask, if it's anyone who visits this blog (which I think it must be) please remove the offending material. In this economy I can't afford to lose this money. If you guys like BBtoons by Knave, help me keep the pay stuff pay, and the free stuff free. I'll do my part and try to get more free stuff online really soon.
I still love you, true believers. You're my guys, my comrades, my friends. Let's keep it real.

5 comments:

  1. anonymous agreementAugust 22, 2009 at 7:32 AM

    dude, sorry to hear this is happening again. you can continue to count on me as a loyal purchaser of your stuff and i sincerely hope the actions of a few people doing the wrong thing doesn't put you off making the amazing contribution you have made o this community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knave, I just wanted to say I visit
    the blog regularly and enjoy the free toons, but I have bought several of the comics ( with 18-25
    drawings each ) and I would like
    to say how lucky we are someone with your talent shares our fetish and thus produces quality material. While I understand someones desire to see your work, I don't know why anyone who bought them would feel the need to post them. Shame shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have all your stuff, but everything I do have I bought. I don't think people understand that stealing from independently run little art businesses actually DOES have an affect that, say, downloading a Gucci Mane album doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks. It makes me angry that you've given so much free stuff and people still feel the need to rip you off. It's not like there is a short supply of free BB material if you just look for it. Keep up the good work and I think there are enough people that will watch your back and report stolen material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knave,

    Sorry to hear about that - I am going to run into the same problem(s) when I publish my ballbusting videos.

    I am really heavily considering copyrighting it...

    -Terri

    ReplyDelete